If you are looking for ways on how to relieve gas pains, you are not alone; many people experience the problem at one point or another in their lives. Stomach pain can be uncomfortable, painful, and sometimes embarrassing.
Gas production in the stomach is related to the food you eat and how you eat it, though it can be caused by health problems, food intolerance, added substances etc. Watching what you eat and your eating habits are the most effective methods to prevent gas long term. Listed below are some of the most effective methods of relieving gas pains
How to relieve gas pains
1. Let it out- Trying to hold the gas to avoid embarrassment will only make the situation worse. It is normal to pass gas, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. You can find a restroom or private place where you can pass gas comfortably without worrying about embarrassment. However since you may not be able to dash in the restroom every time you want to pass gas, you can change positions and relax your muscles to let gas out.
2. Use herbs to relieve gas pain- Herbs such as ginger, peppermint, and chamomile have powerful properties that enhance digestion and settling the stomach. You can use the herbs in your tea or make a mixture using honey, lemon and hot water. Sip slowly to relieve gas pain.
3. Drink lemon water- Water is believed to help cure many ailments. Hot water especially will help relax muscles to allow gas to pass through easily. Lemon on the other hand helps break down food to reduce bloating and gas pain. Drinking warm lemon water will help flush waste from the digestive tract to keep your system clean and the digestive system working smoothly.
4. Over the counter relieve medicine- Another effective way to get rid of gas pain is to buy over the counter gas relief medicine. Some medicines such as activated charcoal can come in handy to release gas pain and ease stomach pain.
5. Food to help with gas pain- It is believed that some food can go a long way in reducing flatulence and gas pain. Some foods like papaya, yogurt, and pumpkin can help reduce the feeling of bloatdeness.
Gas is a natural by-product of the digestive tract. Gas pain will be helped by one or combination of the above remedies, however if the gas pain is chronic, excessive or unbearable talk to your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.